Monday, April 09, 2007

Ps, then Blue Made Me Do This (I Think): Thinking Blogger Award





I'm not very good at links. Most of you know that. So don't be disappointed when you click on this Thinking Blogger link and it takes you to itself, but on a different page. Oh well.....




So, instead of just speaking of things, I will be speaking of
thinking.

Thinking of thinking, here are some defining thoughts on that topic:

Idea: the content of cognition; the main thing you are thinking about; "it was not a good idea"; "the thought never entered my mind"

Thinking: the process of using your mind to consider something carefully; "thinking always made him frown"; "she paused for thought"

The organized beliefs of a period or group or individual; "19th century thought"; "Darwinian thought"

Opinion: a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty; "my opinion differs from yours"; "what are your thoughts on Haiti?"


Speaking of Haiti, I had some thoughts on Haiti when I was there with the MRE on that cruise we took back in November. I remember thinking, "Wow. This is nice. This must be what Florida is like, but with colder water. Wow. Can't wait for that sumptuous spread they'll be putting out for lunch. Wow." Those were my thoughts on Haiti.

I have been MEME'd by Ps and now by Blue. I am honored twice over. I am at once moved, and moved to thought.

In Greek, the word for "Thought" gets arrived at thus: Literally, "Through the mind" (dianoia) or "In the mind" (ennoia). Here we go again, folks---it's that word "nous" again. For Theilard de Chardin, the noosphere was nothing short of "a planetary level to the evolution of the cerebral cortex in humans." The mind---the human mind---is a sphere of its own. We all share in this sphere and we all contribute to its growth through evolution when we venture forth by forming (which in and of itself is PER-forming)our thoughts. The Thinking Blogger Award recognizes this. I recognize this. Literally, "I know it again" as I am re-cognizant of this.

So here I sit, poised before the poison of having to choose. I have to decide. I do not like to decide. Ever. The word "decide" comes from the same word "scissors" comes from----it means to cut away (de-cisio). When you make a decision, you are usually forced to cut away more than you cut for.

I don't like this having to choose thing. I love all those assembled, so thoughtfully chosen, in my blogroll. ALL of those names represent their own uniqueness. So really, I am not excluding anyone. Diesel makes me think. Mr. Fabulous makes me think. Quilly, Kat, Brookie, Murry, Vicci, Lisa and on and on and on till the very last.

This just in: The rules for this Thinking Blogger Award include tagging people. Well, I'm officially not tagging the five blogsters mentioned below. Part of that rationale stems from the fact that two of them have already tagged me. Sean has just gotten tagged himself.

As with Blue, the following five choices are not in any order other than numerical:

1. When I think of who makes me think, I think of
Ps. Ps is a woman who thinks, expresses her thoughts and then makes you think. Ps lives in India. Apart from the fact that gravity in India pulls Ps toward the same center of the earth that gravity in Oregon pulls me toward, I have no idea what it is like to live in India. But I will say this: Ps is filled with the kind of thoughtful gravities that pull me to the center of Truth. She has a way about her that exudes love and that coats all her readers with same. Not only that, but from her body emerged two wonderful beings. The Boy Being calls me Uncle Gawpo. I will be making him think more as he grows. Right now I am sitting on the plans for a killer potato gun that I am just sure will make his Uncle Gawpo proud (if not perhaps also slightly bruised by my Blogger Nephew's mother...).

2. Sean makes me think. I have no idea what Sean really does for a living, but I kinda sorta have this notion that he is out there in the world teaching people military stuff. But Sean thinks. When he sees something, his tendency is to bring meaning, or to ask questions. He is a typical exception to the rule. Now just go and oxymoron your way out of that. I came to know about Sean's blog through another blogger who, sadly, felt that I had become a bit of a threat. I wish she knew me better. That's all I'll say about that. But through her, I got to Sean. And for that I am a very thankful man.

3. Paul is the author of a blog that consists of poignant visual drinks of humor and, at times, mirthful ponder. You go there, you view, you think. Then you come away enriched and replenished. I love going there. Paul sees. And you will enjoy his vision. There is a simple quote, a picture or cartoon, and presto: You're hooked. Going to Paul's blog will make you think.

4. Blue The Spa Girl inspires. That's what she does. Literally, (what did you expect!)--she enspirits any visitor to her thoughtful blog posts. Blue is soul- and life-giver; she is God's gift to Generosity itself. Blue is a eucharistic wafer, a symbol that contains what it actually symbolizes---she is sacrament. Her flaws, I am certain, cannot outrun her capacity for self forgiveness. She is a joiner in the process of what becoming human is all about. There are just some things you know about your friends. And I just know that Blue stirs thoughts like the Little Dutch Boy stirs paint.

5. Somehow Somewhere Joe comes to mind. When I think about how my nose is connected to my right middle toe, I think about connectivity with the tissues that travel seamlessly along the fabric of our family of bloggers who share so much of their selves through the ideas expressed in their blogs. Somewhere Joe calculates beauty and accurately reveals it through his pictures, his music and his unbelievable adeptness with the written word. If I were blind, I could hear him; if I were deaf, I could read him. If I were numb, I could still be touched by him. Somewhere Joe lives in Florida, the geographical equivalent to at least the Christian and Muslim notions of Heaven. What could be better than being in Paradise and playing Hooky in Paradise? In Somewhere Joe I have met my brother; I have met my other self. In terms of the mind-blog continuum, it is as though I have peered out into space and, landing on Joe's page, have gazed upon the back of my own head.

I doubt that I will again accept any tag that involves choosing. Simone Weil cited as her one reason for not converting to Christianity the fact that she would therein be asked to exclude all other expressions of the Truth. I'm kinda like that. Don't get me wrong: I'm a card carrying Roman Catholic. But I pray in everyone's church. And, as a Thinking Blogger, I will just award you all with that. I reverence The One True Truth in each of you.

Thank you, my brothers and sisters. In the name of all that is trying to get put together, I thank you; I think.

I leave you with this Gawpoistic pearl of 21st Century mystical exclaim: "Earth is the best planet in the whole world!" Now go think about that.

32 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 3:53:00 AM PDT , Blogger lime said...

nicely done and thanks for some specific leads on where to start my perusals of your blogrol, my thinking gawpo.

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 5:22:00 AM PDT , Blogger mindy said...

i learn something new everytime i come here. now, i'm off to think. first, coffee!!

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 5:38:00 AM PDT , Blogger Sheila said...

Blue chose well. You chose well. I will visit your nominees....Blue (obviously) I familiar with. Somewhere Joe, I visit, become slack jawed and speechless at his brilliance and move on, often without commenting, because I have nothing of worth to contribute.
The others will be as good, I know, because they are on YOUR list.

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 6:26:00 AM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Gawpo. I tagged you with this award on March 27th, but I see how I rate. Pft.

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 8:20:00 AM PDT , Blogger vicci said...

Gawpoistic huh!!!!! I may have to make that a new word of mine! I posted something on "thinking" today....something I didn't write...but is so simple...I like it! I think so deep at times that I can't put it down into words....nor...do I want to...so much stays inside me....until you really really get to know me...and besides I always think..."Who cares what I think"????!!!! :-)
ANYWAYS........I like what you said Gawpo!!!! (as usual)!!!!!

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 8:45:00 AM PDT , Blogger Logophile said...

I likes your highlights.
You saw what I did with this, yes?
hard for me to pick as well, but you did it well.
I think...
you're great!

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 9:22:00 AM PDT , Blogger Gill said...

Thinking is to Gawpo as ruminating is to ____________ ?

Sacrament is to Blue as ecclesiastical is to ____________ ?

Fillinzeeblancs.

It is therefore I decree a seamless integration of like minded souls that architects a consummate order.

Or, alternatively, great Bloggin minds think alike.

I have done a few trace-backs now, to see the original memers, the memed and the pffts. You keep some excellent company Sir G.

On a more serious note however, you chooseth moi, n'est pas? Pour quoi? I am honoured to say the least. Glad you found some inspiration at my place. I seek it consistently in my life, and hence tripping along and stumbling my way into your flighty, yet strumming world. Before this becomes the world renowned "Mutual Admiration Society", I humbly accept your Award, and thank you with all sincerity from the bottom of my heart sweets. You rock.

Have yourself a Gaw-po-etic day!!

xoxo

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 10:29:00 AM PDT , Blogger Jacob said...

QUILLY!!!: Yes! Oh my gosh. See? I start with you. Because I need to grovel. Grovel.....

LIMERS: We are like those scout bees who fly out to locate new sources of pollen; sometimes a new hive at swarm.

MINDY: Thanks for reminding me---coffee's on! Slurpy sip to you, My Dear Mindance.

SHEILA: Your jaw does what my jaw does when visiting Joe. He brings me out. Somehow I comment. Mostly I work on pushing the jaw back into place.

QUILLY!: More grovel: grovel, grovel...grovel. March 27? Oh, that's right. (insert heavy british accent here): I was in the darkest of Africa at a blogger etiquette conference. I was a presenter you know. On Meme Tag responsibility.

VICCI: See? You are why I had to have to choose, cuz you are SO in there, girlfren (two Z snaps and a twirl!). Guess where I finally get to go today? Hint: It begins with Post and ends with Office!!!!

LOGOPHILLY: Yes. You are not only awe, you are some! And I can't wait to see what you say to Fab about his challenge.

BLUE TSG: The "Mutual Admiration Society" is a hazard of being as we many of us are. Yes? Sigh....

I choose you? Not so fast. As you you have taught me, you have have chosen you. I saw that. And am saying so. Am I close to Tut on that score?

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 10:48:00 AM PDT , Blogger Joe Jubinville said...

Well, brother po, I'm honored, humbled, and hopeless - but I digress.

The fact that I'm at the bottom of your list is of course a little hurtful, *sniff* but I'm used to it. Never mind. "Never and mind' are twins." The fact that I pick up the rear of such delightful companions has assuaged my pride.

All seriousness aside, I'm thrilled, from my middle toe to the back of my head, to be chosen - and so glad you chose, yeah, I'll say it - me. And I'll do my best to honor, in my turn, the noosphere and the noodles therein.

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 11:01:00 AM PDT , Blogger Jacob said...

SOMEWHERE JOE: From Peaux to Jeaux, of what you speak, I Kneaux.

And don't forget----the foundation is always at the bottom.

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 11:04:00 AM PDT , Blogger Preeti Shenoy said...

Gawpo--YOU make me smile so much.I have some idea what living in Oregon might be like because many of my friends are in the US now.
Killer potato gun eh?!!
Did you know I do workshops n thinking for children? You have just given me some wonderful,creative ideas :-)
Yes, i shall be passing them on to your nephew AND niece too :-)

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 11:44:00 AM PDT , Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

When I come here it truly is one of the few times I lack for words. Being a somewhat chatty gal and one who at times says every little ole thing on her mind...when I'm here I am just too busy being in awe to say anything remotely intelligent.
I feel honored just to be in your company...to watch the whirling of thought and listen to the sounds of the guitar.
XOXO

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 11:52:00 AM PDT , Blogger armalicious said...

Very nice, Gawpo.

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 4:11:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely Gawpo, I doubt there are many people who can so succinctly sum up their feelings about family much less their blogging friends. You're a treasure.

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 5:41:00 PM PDT , Blogger Jacob said...

Ps: Yes, nephew AND niece. They are going to love the potato gun. I did not know you do thinking workshops with kids. Just make sure they realize that earth is the best planet in the whole world and they will be fine. I love making you smile. It echoes on my face.

LISAOCEANDREAMUH!: I have had a most wonderful day. Went with friend, Shawna to the beach and collected critters for the saltwater aquarium. Dropped her off at home, drove out into the woods, habitated the 55 gallon water box that sits on the kitchen island, and then topped it all off with your wonderful words. Thank you, Lisa. You breathe health into me. Sigh.....XOXO

ARM: As Wayne Newton would say, "Dawnka and Shayne."

KAT: And you may just catch me doing it again and again because people like you family me into their lives and give me great pleasure to family them right into mine. I think of you often, Kat.

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 7:34:00 PM PDT , Blogger Claire said...

I've found some of my favorite blogs by checking out the links on excellent blogs such as this one. Well done gawpo and thanks.

 
At Wednesday, April 11, 2007 at 9:14:00 AM PDT , Blogger robkroese said...

It's funny that I'm getting mentioned in lots of people's also-ran lists. ;) I think people aren't sure whether they are reading something deep or unbelievably inane when they visit my blog.

Now to visit all of these thought-provoking bloggers (well, except the one who deletes my comments).

BTW, one of your captions snuck into the finalists for my caption contest. Very funny, dude.

 
At Wednesday, April 11, 2007 at 9:10:00 PM PDT , Blogger Jacob said...

Oh, CLAIRE: Yes. A treasure is this community, I have found. And thank you, thank you, thank you!

DIESEL: Did you say inane? Leave an "s" out, did you?

Your blog goes very deep, Diesel. You are a minister of something that is vital to good living. Now you get out there and make us LAUGH! Go on! You heard me! Git!

(wow, really? i made the next cut on the caption contest? COOL.)

 
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 12:41:00 AM PDT , Blogger Bazza said...

Several of the blogs I visit have had this thinking blog awards thing on them recently, and of the 20 or so nominations they have put forward, none have included mine. So I've had a good think about this, and I have to come to the conclusion that my blog doesn't make them think, or it doesn't make them think as much as some other blogs do. There seems to be an inference that thinking is important, which I guess is true, so I'm not important is what you're all saying. Now my head hurts from all this thinking, so I'm going to skulk back to my non-thinking blog and I'm going to think about how I can make it more thinkworthy!

 
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 5:33:00 AM PDT , Blogger Jacob said...

BAZZATWENTYSEVEN: Oh yeah? You came "this close" to my nominating you. But I took pity. Pity, Bazza. See? You dump thought like that into a measly comment and you expect to skirt this troublesome honor? Your time is coming, my skulking partner in blog crime; oh yeah, your time is coming...

 
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 6:12:00 AM PDT , Blogger Bazza said...

Should I be afraid, should I be very, very afraid.

 
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 8:19:00 AM PDT , Blogger vicci said...

Gawpo....Go to my blog and take my challenge.....please!!! :-)

 
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 1:19:00 PM PDT , Blogger Jacob said...

BAZZA: (head thrown back like crazed maniac) MWAH-HAHHAAAAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!

VICCI: I'm on it!!!! Expect photo of first pleased recipient of Earrings by Vicci!!!!!!

 
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 2:23:00 PM PDT , Blogger Gill said...

HI G.
Howz it goin dude? Now Im really living baby.
xo

 
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 4:37:00 PM PDT , Blogger Jacob said...

BLUE TSG: Yow-zuh! Seems like world peace wouldn't be so difficult is all of us just visited each others' posts. Right? It's going great. I am perfectly here, right now. And loving that. Garshk----all I need is to hear a mockingbird up close again. In the meantime, I will settle for the coos of about 50 Bandtails. You will see them on the blog soon.

 
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 8:50:00 PM PDT , Blogger Sean said...

gawpo... thanks for reading and thanks for your comments on my posts, you've given me alot to think about yourself, both with your comments and with your own posts. and then thanks for the referral here! i really appreciate it, especially considering some of the wonderful read on your blogroll.

 
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 8:54:00 PM PDT , Blogger Jacob said...

SEAN: Hey, credit where it is due. And it is due you. I am just counting myself fortunate to be a co-thinking right along with you, Sean.

Also, you will see that Mayden and I are curious about "that thing" we've been emailing back and forth about.

Be safe.

Yers,
G

 
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 10:22:00 PM PDT , Blogger Mayden' s Voyage said...

You're right...blog world is special :)
I need to do a similar post tomorrow :)

 
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 11:52:00 PM PDT , Blogger Jacob said...

MAYDEN CORA: Hello there! And welcome. Yes, I will go see what tracks you have left in the fresh snow of how we love to show all that stuff that only we could know. You go, girl. See you there!

 
At Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 6:55:00 PM PDT , Blogger Unknown said...

air max, longchamp, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, burberry, cheap oakley sunglasses, gucci outlet, nike free, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, nike free, tiffany jewelry, air jordan pas cher, oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, jordan shoes, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp outlet, nike outlet, prada handbags, michael kors, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, chanel handbags, longchamp pas cher, tory burch outlet, sac longchamp, kate spade outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, christian louboutin outlet, prada outlet, louboutin shoes, replica watches, louis vuitton outlet, nike roshe run, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, nike air max, louboutin pas cher, ugg boots

 
At Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 7:11:00 PM PDT , Blogger Unknown said...

beats by dre, gucci, valentino shoes, timberland boots, vans, hollister, iphone cases, nike roshe, new balance, longchamp, reebok shoes, asics running shoes, ralph lauren, louboutin, celine handbags, lancel, soccer shoes, converse outlet, nike air max, herve leger, vans shoes, nike huarache, north face outlet, insanity workout, oakley, instyler, ray ban, mac cosmetics, birkin bag, jimmy choo shoes, nike trainers, abercrombie and fitch, hollister, wedding dresses, p90x workout, mcm handbags, baseball bats, chi flat iron, soccer jerseys, hollister, nike air max, nfl jerseys, ferragamo shoes, lululemon, bottega veneta, ghd, babyliss, north face outlet, converse, mont blanc

 
At Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 7:13:00 PM PDT , Blogger Unknown said...

ugg pas cher, moncler, moncler, canada goose, pandora charms, hollister, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, marc jacobs, thomas sabo, sac louis vuitton pas cher, doudoune canada goose, ugg boots uk, louis vuitton, canada goose, moncler, pandora charms, karen millen, canada goose outlet, moncler, bottes ugg, juicy couture outlet, replica watches, supra shoes, pandora jewelry, moncler outlet, montre pas cher, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, canada goose outlet, swarovski, toms shoes, pandora jewelry, moncler, wedding dresses, canada goose, moncler, canada goose uk, louis vuitton, moncler, canada goose, links of london, louis vuitton, coach outlet, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, juicy couture outlet

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home